Where the Mediterranean sea and the Alps come together for an extraordinary riding experience.
- Included in the package
- Excluded from the package
A 3-day tour departing from Finale Ligure will take you riding along some of the most exciting trails in the Ligurian backcountry!
We will cross some typical Ligurian villages such as Bardineto, Erli, Castelvecchio di Rocca Barbena, Zuccarello, Toirano. Not just a mountain bike itinerary, but a real journey to discover the most hidden and still little known places of the Ligurian region.
Final destination and heart of the tour is Val Pennavaire, with its magnificent and precious environment. Val Pennavaire is a Mediterranean Alpine valley: as part of western Liguria, the valley is characterised by an enormous variety of habitats. The coastal Mediterranean environment fades first into temperate mountains and then into high altitudes with grasslands, coniferous forests and snowy areas, all compressed in a very short distance from the sea. The severity of the upper Pennavaire valley, with its iconic Dolomite character and its wealth of craters and rock faces, is the backdrop to the whole adventure.
To complete this extraordinary experience, we will spend two nights in a very special place, a medieval village of the thirteenth century completely restored in the 2000s under the guidance of a world-renowned restoration professional, which offers us the opportunity to experience a unique place, in a truly remarkable landscape and natural context. And, of course, to savour the tasty typical dishes and home-made beer!
Trip Features - TOUR LEVEL INTERMEDIATE+
- Duration: 3 days / 2 nights
- Type: e-mtb
- In Numbers: Average day km 30 km with 1000/1200 d +
- Meeting point: Finale Ligure
- Meeting Time (Day 1): 8.30
- End of tour: Finale Ligure
- End of tour time (Day 3): about 5.00 pm
- Guide / Customers Ratio: Max 7 Participants for each guide
- Classification of downhill trails: prevalence S2 and S3, with sections S1 and S4.
- Physical preparation level: intermediate +
- Climbing technical ability level: intermediate
The 3-day program:
Finale Ligure - Castelbianco
Our little e-mtb adventure begins with a sequence of fantastic trails in the Finale backcountry. A great warm-up to start a long weekend of riding! We will cross some charming villages and, after lunch, we will continue our crossing with some short transfers by van until we reach the wonderful Colletta di Castelbianco, a truly unique and special place where we can relax before enjoying an excellent dinner with local products.
Castelbianco - Castelbianco
After a tasty breakfast, we will leave for our second day of riding. Today we will explore the stunning Val Pennavaire: a truly suggestive valley with alpine and mediterranean features, with many surprises for bikers! Highlight of the day will be to reach a t 1545 meters peak with a Dolomite appearance but… with a sea view! We will have the chance to test our skill on some challenging uphill sections and then, a long and super fun descent, we bring us back to our accommodation, but not before a stop in the small village of Nasino for a typical Ligurian tasting.
Castelbianco - Finale Ligure
Today we leave Val Pennavaire to get back to Finale Ligure, the starting point of our adventure... but don't worry, the adventure is not over yet and our journey to Finale will offer more super fun single tracks and the discovery of nice Ligurian villages. And, of course, we will end up our trip with a well-deserved beer in Finalborgo before saying goodbye!
- MTB guide for 3 full days
- All scheduled transfers
- 2 nights in a shared apartment
- Welcome aperitif, 2 dinners, 3 lunches
- Luggage transport
- Basic / emergency mechanical assistance
- Basic insurance coverage
- Transportation from home to the meeting point (Finale Ligure)
- Bikes & spare parts (rental on request)
- Drinks when not otherwise specified
- Single room surcharge
- Anything not listed in "Included in package"